Nutrition Course with Vegetarian Recipes
The Healing Power of Food: Conscious Eating
by Julianne Koritz, a registered, licensed dietitian.
Learn how food can heal your body
by strengthening your immune system and increasing your energy level -- create a
plan for boosting your immune system. Lessons address common health complaints
and offer up remedies for issues such as Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, memory loss,
joint pain, depression, anger, and weigh loss. Make food your best friend to
energize, nourish and heal your body!
[ Course Overview
[ Enroll Now
[ Course Reviews
From our Stash of Easy Vegetarian Recipes: Grilled Vegi Ruben Sandwiches
by June & Ken Cook
Here is one of our favorite vegetarian recipes for summer barbecues. It is also a fun recipe to make with your guests, as you can assemble a batch of these grand sandwiches together.
Let us know if you try it and how you like!
Ingredients (Serves 6)
2 lb bag Sauerkraut (drained and rinsed)
2 large onions (chopped)
1 stick butter (or substitute with olive oil)
Slice loaf of Rye bread
2 Zucchinis for grilling
2 Red Peppers for grilling
Russian or Thousand Island Dressing
Colby Cheese slices
1) Prepare sauerkraut (this can be done in advance). SautÚ chopped onions in butter or olive oil. Once onions are translucent, add sauerkraut. Let simmer over a medium to low heat for 30 - 40 minutes stirring occasionally. Lightly pepper.
2) Prepare vegetables for grilling: Slide zucchini lengthwise so you've long strips about ╝ inch wide. Prepare red pepper for grilling by removing seeds and cutting into large pieces. Brush zucchinis and red peppers with olive oil and season lightly with salt and pepper.
3) Grill vegetables until tender. Set aside.
4) Toast rye bread in a toaster oven.
5) On a large cookie sheet, assemble bottom half of sandwiches with toast, grilled vegetables, warm sauerkraut, and then top with Colby cheese slices. Put cookie sheet with bottom half of sandwiches under a pre-heated broiler for less then a minute (or until cheese is melted). You might keep oven door ajar to watch that it doesn't burn!
6) Upon removing bottom part of sandwiches from broiler, top with Thousand Island dressing and other piece of rye toast. Serve with vegetarian baked beans for added protein.
June and Ken Cook are co-founders of Self-Healing Expressions. This holistic site offers a wide array of online mind body spirit courses including
The Healing Power of Food: Conscious Eating,
a course by Julianne Koritz, a registered, licensed dietitian. This nutrition course features printable recipes like this one.
Copyright © 2005 June and Ken Cook. All rights reserved..